LoanSimple is an equal housing lender company with its corporate headquarters located at 9635 Maroon Circle, Suite 100 Englewood, CO 80112. Whatsoever reference in this Licenses and Disclosures to “us” or “we” shall be referring to LoanSimple. References to “your” or “you” shall be for the person/people using the services, website, service of LoanSimple being offered via various approaches. We also are a marketing lead generator.
THE HOUSING FINANCIAL DISCRIMINATION ACT OF 1977 FAIR LENDING NOTICE
Pursuant to California Health & Safety Code §35830; California Code Reg. tit.§7114
It is illegal to discriminate in the provision of or in the availability of financial assistance because of the consideration of:
1. Trends, characteristics or conditions in the neighborhood or geographic area surrounding a housing accommodation, unless the financial institution can demonstrate in the particular case that such consideration is required to an unsafe and unsound business practice; or
2. Race, color, religion, sex, marital status, domestic partnership, national origin or ancestry.
It is illegal to consider the racial, ethnic, religious or national origin composition of a neighborhood or geographic area surrounding a housing accommodation or whether or not such composition is undergoing change, or is expected to undergo change, in appraising a housing accommodation or in determining whether or not, or under what terms and conditions to provide financial assistance.
These provisions govern financial assistance for the purpose of the purchase, construction, rehabilitation or refinancing of one- to four-unit family residences occupied by the owner and for the purpose of the home improvement of any one- to four-unit family residence.
If you have any question about your rights, or if you wish to file a complaint, contact the management of this financial institution or the Department of Business Oversight at one of the following locations:
1515 K Street, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95814-4052
Tel: 916-445-7205 (866) 275-2677
One Sansome Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94104-4428
Tel: (415) 972-8565 (866) 275-2677
45 Fremont Street, Suite 1700, San Francisco, CA 94105-2219
Tel: (415) 263-8500 Fax: (415) 288-8830
300 S. Spring Street, Suite 15513, Los Angeles, CA 90013-1259
Tel: (213) 897-2085 Fax: (213) 897-8860
320 West 4th Street, Suite 750, Los Angeles, CA 90013-2344
Tel: (213) 576-7500 (866) 275-2677
1350 Front St. #2034, San Diego, CA 92101-3697
Tel: (619) 525-4233 (866) 275-2677
7575 Metropolitan Drive, Suite 108, San Diego, CA 92108-4421
Tel: (619) 682-7227 Fax: (619) 682-7217
Toll-Free Phone (all locations): (866) 275-2677
DISCLOSURE OF DUAL CAPACITY
WE AT LOANSIMPLE PROVIDE ASSISTANCE IN GETTING A MORTGAGE LOAN REQUEST. AS A PART OF OUR MARKETING LEAD GENERATION FEE, A GENERATION FEE SHALL BE ENTERTAINED FROM THE LENDER TO LOANSIMPLE, IF SUCCESSFUL. FOR USING A REAL ESTATE PROVIDER, ADDITIONAL CHARGES MAY APPLY. TAKE NOTE THAT NOT ALL LENDERS IN THE MARKET ARE REPRESENTED BY LOANSIMPLE AND THE ONES WITHIN OUR CONNECTIONS MIGHT NOT OFFER THE BEST OF THE RATES OR TERMS WHATSOEVER. YOU CAN SEEK AND APPLY FOR A LOAN ON YOUR OWN ACCORD TOO.
WITH THIS, YOU HAVE YOUR AGREEMENT AND CONSENT TO THIS DISCLOSURE AND ACKONWLEDGE TO THE DUAL CAPACITY AND RECEIVED COPY OF THIS DOCUMENT.
LOAN BROKERAGE AGREEMENT AND BROKER DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
LoanSimple is an equal housing lender company with its corporate headquarters located at 9635 Maroon Circle, Suite 100 Englewood, CO 80112. Whatsoever reference in this Licenses and Disclosures to “us” or “we” shall be referring to LoanSimple. References to “your” or “you” shall be for the person/people using the services, website, service of LoanSimple being offered via various approaches. We also are a marketing lead generator. LoanSimple takes mortgage applications but doesn’t endorse or is an agent of any lender(s) and the final judgment shall rely upon you while deciding upon your loan process suiting your financial requirements. You agree that LoanSimple does not take the liability of any damages cost emerged by your and solely your use of such services.
“IMPORTANT CONSUMER INFORMATION”
“This brochure contains some common terms and definitions, which are intended to help you better understand your credit transaction. Credit costs money, so it is important that you fully understand your credit transaction. Credit costs money, so it is important that you fully understand the terms of your credit transaction. If you come across terms you do not understand, look up the terms, or ask our personnel to explain the terms to you. Ask questions. Make certain the questions that you ask are answered. Make certain you understand the terms and costs of your loan”.
(1) Common Terms and Definitions
(2) Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA). A federal regulation which requires lenders to promote the availability of credit to all creditworthy applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, or age (provided the applicant has the capacity to contract); to whether all or part of the applicant’s income derives from a public assistance program; or to whether the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The regulation prohibits creditor practices that discriminate on the basis of any of these factors.
(3) Contract. A written binding document, describing terms of an agreement between two or more persons. (Keep all paperwork. Later, if there are any questions, you will have your agreement in writing.)
(4) Annual Percentage Rate (APR). The cost of your credit as a yearly rate. This measures the cost of credit expressed as a yearly interest rate. It is intended to provide a single value for a consumer to compare the cost of credit between one lender and another.
(5) Finance Charge. The dollar amount the credit will cost you. Finance charges include interest, and may also include transaction fees and service fees.
(6) Principal. The amount of money owed on a debt, on which interest is calculated.
(7) Interest. The cost of borrowing money, generally a percentage of the amount owed.
(8) Balance. The total amount of money owed to a lender.
(9) Default. Failure to pay a debt as agreed to on a contract. When a loan is in default, the lender may demand full payment of the remaining debt.
(10) Collateral. Security pledged by a borrower to protect the interests of the lender; in case of default, the lender may take ownership of the security, if any, pledged by the borrower.
(11) Credit Bureau. A private company that keeps a record of your credit history for distribution upon request by authorized parties. When you apply for credit, a lender may request a credit report to review when considering your application.
(12) Credit History. A record containing information about you, including your payment history on previous debts.
(13) Credit Report. A report of the credit history and other information about you that is kept by credit bureaus, which may include: your name, address, social security number, payment history (good and bad), current and previous debts, employers, income, etc. Accurate information on a credit report may not be legally removed. Incorrect information may be removed by disputing the information to the credit bureau involved.
This business is regulated by the Regulation and Licensing Department, Financial Institutions Division, 2550 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505, telephone number (505) 476-4885
NOTICE OF CANCELLATION
You may cancel this contract, without any penalty or obligation, withing (5) days from the date the contract is signed.
If you cancel any payment made by you under this contract, it will be returned within ten (10) days following receipt by the seller of your cancellation notice.
To cancel this contract, mail or deliver a signed dated copy of this cancellation notice, or any other written notice to LoanSimple, the operator of this website at <address> not later than midnight on the day five (5) days after the date you submit the loan request.
I hereby cancel this transaction.